ECW And Pro Wrestling Non-Fungible Tokens
This page is dedicated to any non-fungible tokens (NFT), or other blockchain-based digital art or digital collectibles, pertaining specifically to the original ECW – either Eastern Championship Wrestling or Extreme Championship Wrestling.
NFTs featuring ECW alumni will be on this page as well, just in a separate section if the NFT isn’t specific to the original ECW promotion.
ECW Virtual Land (Digital Real Estate) NFTs
The following images are screenshots of the virtual land (digital real estate) of the ECW Arena (now 2300 Arena) and the Elks Lodge (Queens, New York) in the Next Earth, Earth 2, and MyLand metaverses:
Metablox – Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan New York City (click to see approved memories from that venue)
If you want to buy virtual/digital real estate in these metaverses, then you are welcome to click the respective links below and use the respective promo codes to save on your first land purchases:
- Next Earth (click here) and use code SEPT049871
- Earth 2 (click here) and use code 8OH54L7MYR
How To Acquire ECW NFTs
At the time of this update to the page (April 2022), most non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are sold on a handful of NFT buyer/collector-accepted online marketplaces. When it comes to NFTs pertaining to the original ECW, the only ones being sold are on the OpenSea.io NFT marketplace at this time.
NFTs are a unique type of collectible/asset in that, as they are verified in the blockchain, ownership is transparent and visible to everyone. The buyer then may wish to purchase a NFT for some of the reasons below, if not for additional reasons:
- Liking the art or photo for an emotional reason
- The NFT enables the owner access to something exclusive such as a private online group
- The NFT has profit potential in the estimation of the buyer
- Completing a larger collection
- One day being able to get the digital art signed (digitally) by the performer and/or artist much like fans would bring ECW action figures to get signed by former ECW wrestlers
Many ECW fans have not yet purchased or made their own NFTs (aka “minted” a NFT), so this section will help wrestling fans who are not yet set up to purchase NFTs on the OpenSea platform.
First, you will need to purchase some cryptocurrency (typically the “ETH” currency which is used on the Etherium blockchain). If you do not yet have any ETH then you can get started with the Coinbase cryptocurrency exchange. Click here to get started.
As an alternative exchange, you may start your cryptocurrency purchases at KuCoin. Click here to get started.
Helpful video here:
You then will set up your profile on the OpenSea NFT marketplace here: OpenSea.io
Helpful video here:
**** WARNING: You could lose all of your money AND/OR all of your purchased NFTs if you do not know what you are doing. Nothing on this page is financial advice, so please make sure that before you proceed that you understand what you are doing, have sought financial advice, and understand all of the risks of anything pertaining to cryptocurrency, blockchain, digital art, NFT’s, etc. No one nor any entity associated with this website assumes any risks for what you do with your money, cryptocurrency, NFTs, digital art or any other asset you have. You assume all risks and the resources on this page are provided simply for educational purposes only.
If you seek information on investing in cryptocurrencies and altcoins for profit potential, then please seek licensed financial advice and also get educated by those who guide others in their crypto investing such as this newsletter.
Fan-Made ECW NFTs
The first ECW-specific NFT on the OpenSea.io platform was a fan photo taken during the main event of the last show at the ECW Arena (December 23, 2000). It was taken by a fan in attendance when the fans started throwing chairs during the main event of the ECW World Heavyweight Championship match between Justin Credible, Steve Corino and the Sandman.
FightCapital Wrestling NFTs Including ECW Alumni
In early June 2022, we were in communication with FightCapital, a NFT project for professional wrestling alumni (some still active). There are a few ECW alumni (both Eastern and Extreme). The NFT project’s website is: https://www.fightcapital.io/
Currently the FightCapital NFTs require the use of the Solana cryptocurrency. If you need a cryptocurrency exchange to purchase Solana then visit Coinbase here
This is the information on the FightCapital.io website:
The team signs the biggest wrestling personalities available to NFT and video game rights.
• A digital billboard is launched on Fremont Street in Las Vegas, playing to 26 million+ tourists per year.
• Fight Capital NFT’s Discord, Twitter, and Website are LIVE as the initial set of Fighters in the genesis drop are announced on a staggered schedule.
• Fight Capital NFT collaborations and the associated launch utilities per character are announced.
• May 26th 2022 the minting process releases 10,000 NFTs over 16 different wrestlers in a blind box format to the public.
• Upon the 10,000 NFTs being sold out, the characters and associated rarities are revealed to owners.
• After the mint is sold out our booking system goes live, where every NFT entitles its’ holder an hour block in a 1/12th rotation on our Fremont Street billboard, playing to one of the most heavily trafficked tourist walkways in the world. The booking must be used to promote an NFT of your choice, accompanied by a signature drink inside The Nerd bar.
• Additional utility unique to each specific character are released on a staggered schedule after the reveal.
• IRL Event Memorial Day Weekend May 28th, 2022 at The Nerd in Las Vegas, NV.
• IRL Event July 4th Weekend, 2022 at The Nerd in Las Vegas, NV.
• IRL Event July 23, 2022 San Diego Comic-Con Weekend at an undisclosed location revealed only to holders.
• Fight Capital NFT has strategically targeted subsequent drops during, major event weekends in 2022. Each major event drop will have its’ own exclusive release party where VIP access is granted to Fight Capital NFT owners.
• Holders will be granted whitelist access to our subsequent NFT drops.
The Alpha Mint Contains:
1/1 Prize Fighter NFT
• 625 total NFTs per character are created, while only 500 NFTs per character are available to via the public mint.
• In every instance the talent, or their estate, is either issued 10% of their total NFT’s base character to hold or sell, or receive a percentage of their initial mint sales.
• Fight Capital retains the remaining NFTs of the base character release for air drops, giveaways, and game rewards. (100% of all chase rarity tiers will be issued in the public blind box sale). The exact character retention numbers will be released prior to the mint being made available for sale.
• Each wave of a character’s NFT release shall be a unique time capsule of a single year of their career, some possessing exclusive Patented Maneuvers with future game implications.
• Each NFT’s print run is finite, and never to be minted again.
ECW NFT’s On OpenSea And Other NFT Platforms
Shane Douglas art NFT (likely not owned or created by Shane Douglas)
We found several NFT’s available on the OpenSea.io platform in the WrestlerPunk collection. Many ECW alumni are featured in this collection including the following (click any of the images to be taken to the main collection page):
If you want to go to upcoming pro wrestling shows in the United States or Canada, then get wrestling tickets, including ringside or front row by clicking this link: Professional Wrestling Tickets
If you are interested in web3 topics, then you now can get your own pro wrestling web3 domain name! Click this link for more information: Pro Wrestling Web3 Domain Name
Which books exist written by or about ECW alumni or the promotion itself? Discover the list here: ECW Books